½ cup almonds (85g)
¼ cup pistachios (45g)
½ cup Brazil nuts (80g)
½ cup sunflower seeds (70g)
1 cup water (250ml)
¼ cup flaxseed meal (35g)
2 tbsp olive oil (40ml)
½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a large flat tray with baking paper.
- Pulse nuts and seeds briefly in a food processor to finely chop.
- In a large bowl combine the nut mixture with all remaining ingredients and stir well to create a sticky dough.
- Use lightly oiled hands to press the mixture into an even layer, approximately 1cm thick, over the prepared tray. Bake 30–40 minutes, until golden on the edges and firm to the touch. Cool completely, then cut into pieces.
(26g nuts/serve) Energy 1092kJ, Protein 7g, Fat 25g (Saturated fat 3g), Carbohydrate 2g, Sugars 1.1g, Fibre 3.3g, Sodium 76.5mg
A healthy handful of nuts each day supports good health
- Reduces your risk of heart disease
- Maintains a healthy weight.
- Reduces your risk of diabetes.