- 1 apple
- 1 sweet persimmon
- 3 tbsp pepitas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp currants
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Cracked black pepper
- Slice the apple and persimmon finely, into wedge-shaped slices.
- Toast the pepitas over high heat in a dry pan for a couple of minutes, until they become aromatic, go golden in colour and start to pop. Remove from heat immediately and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, place the apple and persimmon slices, baby spinach, sliced purple cabbage, drained and rinsed chickpeas, capers, goji berries, raisins, currants, walnuts and toasted pepitas.
- Prepare the dressing by placing the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pepper into a jar. Shake.
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
The best salad dressing ratio is 2 parts oil to 1 part lemon juice. Make up dressing in bulk, store in your fridge and shake prior to using.
Recipe courtesy of Hort Innovation. More at Hort Innovation My Market Kitchen: https://www.horticulture.com.au/growers/my-market-kitchen/
|Nutrients per serve