- 1 cup hazelnut meal (95g)
- ¼ cup cacao powder (25g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed (75g)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil (80ml)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 – 9 fresh chestnuts, roasted or boiled, chopped (100g; ¾ cup)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (50g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine hazelnut meal, cacao powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a jug, whisk together sugar, egg, oil and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir vigorously. Fold through chocolate chips and chopped chestnuts.
- Scoop chocolate mixture onto the prepared tray with a tablespoon measure.
- Bake 10 minutes, cool on tray 1 minute before moving onto a rack. Repeat with any remaining batter.
If chestnuts are out of season, substitute with an equal quantity of anotherchopped tree nut.
18 biscuits, 11g nuts each
Nutrients per 1 brookie
Energy 442kj (106 k cal), Protein 1.4g, Fat 7.3g (sat. fat 1.3g), Carbohydrate 8.6g, Sugars 6.1g, Fibre 1.1g, Sodium 44mg