- 160g Hazelnuts
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup finely chopped seeded dates
- 2 tsp hazelnut oil or a neutral flavoured oil
- ½ cup pure icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast for ~10- 15 min (do not burn) then let them cool.
- Chop hazelnuts in a food processor until fine but not to dust.
- Add all other ingredients except oil and sugar.
- Quickly pulse a few times to mix, or do this in a mixing bowl.
- Turn mixture into bowl and rub your hands with a little oil.
- Pinch off walnut sized pieces and roll into balls.
- When all balls are rolled, sift over the icing sugar (optional) and roll balls in it to coat well.
- Store in an airtight container. Refrigerate if the weather is very hot.
NUTRIENT content per serve
400kJ energy, 1.4g protein, 5.4g total fat, 0.3g saturated fat, 11g total carbohydrates, 1.6g dietary fibre