- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts (150g)
- 1 cup desiccated/fine coconut (75g), plus 2 – 3 tbsp extra for rolling
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or rice syrup (40ml)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (40ml)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, blitz macadamias to a rough puree. Add lemon zest and 1 cup coconut, and pulse to combine.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, syrup, coconut oil and salt to macadamia mixture.
- Pulse until well mixed, refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Use a tablespoon measure to scoop balls, roll to smooth then toss in extra coconut. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
You can omit the coconut oil, or replace it with 2 tbsp almond meal, for a firmer ball.
18 balls, 8g nuts each
Nutrients per 1 ball
Energy 479kj (115 k cal), Protein 1g, Fat 11g (sat. fat 4.5g), Carbohydrate 2.9g, Sugars 2.6g, Fibre 1.2g, Sodium 56mg