- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios (70g)
- 1 cup plain flour (120g)
- 1/3 cup wholemeal flour (40g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (220g)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup milk (235ml)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60ml)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- laspoon lemon juice
Add ins / toppings
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios (35g)
- 1.5 cups frozen or fresh raspberries (150g)
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C and line 12x muffin tray with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 cup pistachios to a food processor and blend until a fine crumb. Add to a mixing bowl along with the remaining dry ingredients. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and add the remaining wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add the remaining pistachios to a food processor and blend until roughly chopped.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, reserving a tablespoon, and stir until just combined. (A few lumps are ok). Coat the raspberries in the reserved dry ingredient mixture and gently fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the chopped pistachios and bake for 23-25 mins, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack to cool.
Recipe by Amy Whiteford from Healthy Little Foodies
12 muffins, 8.75g nuts each
NUTRIENT content per muffin
Energy 834kJ, Protein 5.2g, Fat 10.4g (Saturated fat 1.7g), Carbohydrate 20g, Sugars 9g, Fibre 2.9g, Sodium 92.5mg