- ¾ cup (105g) almonds
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not over blended. Store separately (this will be used to roll the balls in).
- In a food processor, add the remaining almonds, oats, dates, cacao and vanilla extract, and blend for about 30 seconds or until mixture comes together.
- Add the cacao nibs and almond oil and process briefly.
- Form into bite-sized balls and roll each ball in the crushed almond mixture. Refrigerate prior to serving.
Recipe makes 12 balls. These are the perfect after-school snack for hungry kids, and big kids!
Recipe courtesy of Hort Innovation. More at Hort Innovation My Market Kitchen: https://www.horticulture.com.au/growers/my-market-kitchen/
|Nutrients per serve