- 1¼ cups (135g) almond meal
- 1½ cups (185g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ tablespoons apple or pear puree
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- Finely grated zest (skin) of one orange
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Sift the almond meal, flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Combine the puree, egg, orange juice and orange zest. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface. Knead and shape into a flat log. Place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly and cut into 1cm thick slices whilst still slightly soft. Return to oven for another 20 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Substitute almond meal with hazelnut meal if desired.
Store for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Freeze dough for up to 2 months.
Developed in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy, for the Food Allergy Prevention Project.
|Nutrients per serve