- 1 ¼ cups (125g) brazil nuts, finely chopped
- 30g unsalted butter
- ½ small (35g) onion, sliced
- 1 cup (220g) Arborio rice
- 300g chicken mince
- ¾ cup (125g) roughly grated sweet potato
- ½ cup canned creamed corn
- 2 cups (500mls) salt reduced chicken stock
- 2/3 cup (75g) roughly grated tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and rice, coating in the butter. Stir through the chicken and sweet potato until fully combined, breaking up the chicken with a fork until sealed.
- Add the creamed corn, brazil nuts and stock to the pan, stir and then transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, uncover the risotto and lightly stir through the cheese and parsley. Cool slightly then serve.
Substitute brazil nuts with cashews or macadamias if desired.
For younger babies, process the brazil nuts to fine texture.
Try adding a little finely chopped frozen spinach to the mix.
Risotto will keep refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Developed in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy, for the Food Allergy Prevention Project.
|Nutrients per serve
||1365 kJ (327 kcals)