- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour oil into a large pot on the stove and turn the heat up to medium.
- Add a few corn kernels of corn and place lid on pot.
- Once the kernels pop, remove the lid and pour in the remaining popcorn kernels.
- Place lid back on the pot and give the pot a little shimmy to distribute the kernels evenly.
- Cook over medium heat with the lid lifted slightly to the side to let the steam out, shaking the pot occasionally. Cook until the popping sound slows.
- Place cooked popcorn into a large glass bowl.
- While popcorn is cooking, place maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle over popcorn and mix with a rubber spatula until coated.
- Pour the popcorn onto the lined tray in a single layer and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and set aside to cool and crisp. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Rebecca Gawthorne, dietitian and nutritionist of @nourish_naturally
|Nutrients per serve