- 2⁄3 cup (100g) cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (150g) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (100g) risoni pasta
- ¼ cup (25g) finely grated tasty cheese
- Cook the peas in a saucepan of boiling water for a few minutes then remove from the pan and drain.
- Place the cashews and mint in a food processor and pulse until combined. Add the peas and olive oil and continue processing until finely chopped. Stir through the cheese, lightly season and set aside.
- Cook the risoni according to packet instructions or until soft. Drain and stir through the cashew and pea pesto. Serve.
Substitute cashews for pine nuts or almonds if desired.
Add a little blanched spinach or zucchini to pesto if desired.
Keep in the fridge for up to two days.
Developed in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy, for the Food Allergy Prevention Project.
|Nutrients per serve