- 2 cups of raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of maca
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 175’C
- Line a large baking sheet with baking/parchment paper (or a non-stick silpat mat), then add your cashews making sure they are spread evenly (not crowded).
- Roast the nuts for 5-7 minutes, until gloriously golden, deliciously fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Pour cashews into the bowl of your food processor or blender, add salt, and process until smooth and creamy (or your desired consistency). Note: Initially they will grind down into a powder, but give it a minute or two and the oils will extract, leaving a thick and creamy mix. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Once you have blended to your desired consistency, add the vanilla and remaining spices, and process until well combined. Note: If you prefer a thinner/runnier nut butter, feel free to add a little water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach desired consistency.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should keep well for up to 2 weeks (but, due to its deliciousness, may not last that long!)
Recipe courtesy of Trumps (My Organics) in collaboration with Emma Swanston, Better with Cake
|Nutrients per serve