- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup dried mango
- 4 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon water, mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
Optional add ins
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- 2 tablespoon of hemp seeds
Optional for serving
- Freeze dried mango, crushed to powder
- Finely shredded coconut flakes
- Optional, but highly recommended – Place your nuts onto a lined baking tray and roast at 175’C for 5-10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Once toasted, place the nuts into your food processor/blender and pulse until crumbly (you want there to still be a few bigger chunks to give the bites some nice texture).
- Add mango and process until the mixture starts to come together into a sticky, loose ‘dough’.
- Add vanilla, spices, water & coconut extract mix, hemp seeds (if using) and maca (if using), then process again until combined.
- Using your hands, roll approximately 1 small tablespoons worth of dough into bite size balls then set aside.
- If you are going to coat your bliss bites, simply place the mango powder and coconut into a small bowl or zip lock bag and gentle press/shake until nicely coated.
Store bliss bites in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Trumps (My Organics) in collaboration with Emma Swanston, Better with Cake
|Nutrients per serve