- 1 cup (150g) hazelnuts
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped
- squeeze lemon juice
- 410g can apricot halves in natural juice, drained
- 2⁄3 cup (60g) quick oats
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the apples in a small saucepan over medium low heat with a squeeze of lemon juice and 1⁄3 cup water. Simmer covered for 15–20 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat, cool slightly then place in a food processor with the apricots. Pulse until desired texture. Transfer to small ovenproof cups or ramekins.
- Place the hazelnuts, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in clean food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Scatter over the top of the apple and apricot mixture.
- Bake the crumbles for 15 minutes or until golden, cool slightly and serve.
For younger babies, blend the fruit and the crumb mixtures until smooth.
Substitute hazelnuts with pecans or walnuts, if desired.
Freeze for up to two months.
Developed in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy, for the Food Allergy Prevention Project.
|Nutrients per serve