- 3 cups hazelnuts (450g)
- 1½ cups pitted dates
- Dash organic vanilla essence
- 3-4 tablespoons raw cacao, to taste
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
- 1 tblsp coconut oil
- 1-2 cups extra coconut, for rolling
- Add all ingredients to processor and blitz until combined.
- Roll into small balls, coat in extra coconut.
You can omit the coconut oil for a softer ball.
For an extra hit of chocolate, you can also include a piece of dark chocolate in the centre of the ball. Simply place this in when you are rolling the balls.
Store bliss balls in an air tight container in the fridge for one week.
Recipe by Kimberley Welman from Stay Strong Mummy
|Nutrients per serve