- 1/3 cup (50g) hazelnut meal
- ¾ cup (120g) self-raising flour
- 1 over-ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (60mls) full cream milk
- 1/3 cup (55g) blueberries
- Sift the hazelnut meal and flour in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the mashed banana, eggs and milk. Gently whisk into the dry ingredients and fold through the blueberries. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Wipe a little butter or oil over the surface then add tablespoons of mixture to the pan, allowing space for spreading. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form, then gently turn and continue cooking pikelets until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and continue cooking in batches with remaining batter, wiping oil over the pan between batches.
- Serve pikelets warm or cold, spread with jam or nut butter or drizzled with berry compote.
Substitute hazelnut meal with almond meal or finely ground macadamias if desired.
Pikelets will keep, refrigerated for up to two days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Developed in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy, for the Food Allergy Prevention Project.
|Nutrients per serve