- 3 green apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup plain flour
- 50g unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, or coconut sugar
- ½ cup macadamias, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place 4 x 1 cup ramekin dishes on an ovenproof tray.
- Place the apples in a saucepan and pour over the lemon juice and ¼ cup of water.
- Cook over a moderate heat, stirring occasionally until the apples are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the flour, butter, sugar and macadamias in a bowl and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles a coarse crumble.
- Divide the apples between the ramekins.
- Spoon a good heap of crumble over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crumble is golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
If you don’t have ramekins, a medium-sized ovenproof dish works just as well.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Macadamias: https://www.australian-macadamias.org/consumer/
|Nutrients per serve