- 1 large head cauliflower, sliced into 2cm thick steaks, or nuggets (florets)
- 1 cup gluten free or spelt flour
- 2-3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (120g) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (75g) quinoa flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
- 2 carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 zucchini, trimmed
- 2 tblsp pine nuts
- 2 tblsp roughly chopped almonds
- 1 green apple, cored and cut into thin sticks
- 1 1/2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tblsp finely chopped mint
- 2 tblsp finely chopped dill
- Place gluten free or spelt flour on one plate, crack eggs onto a separate plate and whisk and on your third plate combine finely chopped macadamia nuts and quinoa flakes.
- Pat the cauliflower dry after rinsing then coat well in flour, followed by a good coating of egg and finally the macadamia quinoa crumb. Set aside and repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Heat a frypan on medium heat, and add a few tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Cook cauliflower 6 minutes each side or until lovely and golden on each side, keeping cooked pieces warm in a low oven in between.
- Whilst cauliflower is cooking make the ribbon salad. Use your vegetable peeled to create ribbons with the vegetables.
- Toast the pine nuts and almonds until golden.
- Whisk together oil and vinegar and toss with vegetable ribbons, toasted pine nuts and almonds and fresh herbs.
- Serve salad with macadamia cauliflower schnitzel.
Recipe by Jacqueline Alwill.