- ¾ cup (100g) pistachios, finely chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- ½ small (80g) zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean spice mix
- ½ (100g) Lebanese cucumber
- ¾ cup (180g) Greek style yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place the pistachios, mince, zucchini and Mediterranean spice in a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place on a lined baking tray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the cucumber and scoop out the seeds. Discard. Grate flesh and then mix with the yoghurt.
- Bake the meatballs for 15-20 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Cool slightly then serve with cucumber yoghurt.
Substitute pistachios with pine nuts or brazil nuts if desired.
For younger babies, pulse the pistachios in a food processor for a finer texture.
Adjust the amount of spice mix to suit your child’s taste if required.
Raw or cooked meatballs can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Developed in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy, for the Food Allergy Prevention Project.
|Nutrients per serve