- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted.
Macadamia and berries
- 20g unsalted macadamias, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed mixed berries, mashed
- 1 tbsp goat's cheese
- Honey and cinnamon, optional
Hazelnut and beetroot
- 15g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp beetroot hummus
- Black pepper, to taste
Pine nut and mushroom
- 15g (1 tblsp) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- pinch salt
- 1 tblsp green pesto
Almond and green pea
- 15g almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tblsp cream cheese or Greek yoghurt
- Spread goat's cheese over one slice of toast, top with berries and macadamias. Drizzle with a touch of honey and sprinkle with cinnamon if you wish.
- Spread beetroot hummus over another slice of toast. Top with feta, hazelnuts and a crack of black pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil into a skillet over medium heat, add mushrooms, salt and half the thyme leaves. Sautee for 5 minutes until tender, stir through remaining thyme leaves. Spread pestor over a slice of toast. Top with mushrooms and pine nuts.
- Spread final slice of toast with cream cheese. Lightly smash thawed peas with a fork and stir through lemon juice. Spoon peas over cream cheese and top with almonds.
Replace sourdough with gluten free bread or crackers of your choice for a gluten free option.
Each list of ingredients tops a single slice of toast, multiply as desired for additional servings.
Recipe and photography by Jennifer Jenner, for Nuts for Life.