- 1 cup (125g) pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (125g) moist dried figs
- ½ cup (50g) quick oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp (40ml) orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Trim the stems off the figs and discard. Roughly chop the remaining figs.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and mixture comes together in a ball.
- Roll mixture into small balls and place on a lined baking tray. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Cool and serve.
For younger babies, blend the mixture until just smooth.
Substitute pecans with hazelnuts or walnuts if desired.
Freeze dough for up to two months
Developed in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy, for the Food Allergy Prevention Project.
|Nutrients per serve