- 1/3 cup (40g) pine nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry cous cous
- ½ cup (75g) finely chopped pumpkin (5mm dice)
- ¼ cup (50g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2/3 cup (65g) grated tasty cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (120ml) full cream milk
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Prepare cous cous as per packet instructions. Cool.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, pine nuts, cous cous, spinach and cheese until just combined.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk, season lightly then fold through the pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a mini muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and cool.
- Serve the tarts warm or cold.
Substitute pine nuts with pistachios or brazil nuts if desired.
For younger babies, pulse the pine nuts in a food processor for a finer texture.
Tarts will keep, refrigerated for up to 4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Developed in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy, for the Food Allergy Prevention Project.
|Nutrients per serve