- 500g chestnuts, cooked and peeled
- 250g brown mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Burger and fillings
- 6 brioche buns
- Beetroot/tomato relish
- Red onion
- Sliced tomato
- Plant-based cheese
- Plant-based mayonnaise
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan on high.
- Add the mushrooms and continue stirring regularly until browned.
- Turn heat down to medium, add the onion and chives. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the garlic, soy sauce and chestnuts. Sauté for a further minute, stirring.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place contents into a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, then process until mixture comes together but still has a slightly coarse texture.
- Form the mixture into patties approximately 2cm thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat frying pan and add the remaining olive oil.
- Cook patties for 5-7 minutes on one side then flip for a further 5-7 minutes on the other side, or until cooked through and browned on the outside.
- Serve on a brioche bun with relish, lettuce, red onion and sliced tomato. Add plant-based cheese and mayonnaise if desired.
For 500g of cooked and peeled chestnuts (needed for this recipe), start with 800g of fresh chestnuts.
Recipe and image courtesy of Chestnuts Australia.
|Nutrients per serve