- 2x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup whole cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground chipotle (or chilli powder)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the nuts, seeds and the drained chickpeas.
- Sprinkle the dry spices and salt over the nuts, and toss to coat.
- Drizzle the nut mix with the maple syrup and olive oil and toss again to ensure all of the ingredients are well coated.
- Spread the mixture out over the prepared baking trays and place in the oven to roast for 25-30 minutes, ensuring you stir the nuts every 10 minutes to ensure they roast evenly.
- Remove the trays from the oven and allow the nuts to cool down on the trays. The mix will be slightly sticky until they cool down completely.
- Once cooled, transfer to an air tight container.
Use nuts of your choice and alter the cayenne pepper to your liking. If you love this recipe, also try our tamari mixed nuts recipe!
Recipe and image courtesy of Bonnie Coumbe