- 2 medium, free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp dried garlic granules
- 2 tsp dried rosemary or chives
- 1 cup (130g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Then stir in the milk, oil, garlic and rosemary (or chives).
- Add the cheese, walnuts and vegetables, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir together gently.
- Fold in the flour, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and place into the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and then enjoy.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days. You may like to warm them slightly in the microwave before eating.
Recipe courtesy of Leanne Ward.
|Nutrients per serve