Sweet potato soup with feta and pine nuts
- 600g orange sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock (salt reduced preferred)
- ½ tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 50g raw pine nuts
- 100g reduced fat feta, roughly crumbled
- 1 tbsp baby basil leaves, to serve
- 6 slices dark rye or gluten free bread, to serve
- Place the sweet potato, onion, ginger, chilli and stock in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until sweet potato is soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- While the soup is cooling, heat a small saucepan over low heat. Add the pine nuts and cook until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once cooled slightly, process the soup in batches in a food processor or blender and return to the pan.
- Heat again, then divide between bowls and top with feta cheese, basil leaves and pine nuts. Serve with dark rye bread.
|Nutrients per serve|
|Saturated fat||3 g|
|Dietary fibre||6 g|