- 150g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 5 medium eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup grated low fat tasty cheese
- Olive oil spray
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp tomato relish
- Preheat an oven grill to high.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray over medium heat and add the sweet potato and red onion. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together then pour into the pan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes then sprinkle with spinach leaves and hazelnuts. Continue cooking for 6-8 minutes until surface is nearly set.
- Sprinkle the frittata with the cheese and place under the grill until golden and fully set on top.
- Serve in wedges with 1 cup of brown rice and 2 teaspoons of tomato relish.
If your frying pan does not have a heatproof handle, cover the handle in foil before placing it under the grill.
|Nutrients per serve