- 1/8 Kent pumpkin, skin on
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 cup green beans
- 4 prunes, sliced into quarters
- ½ cup (60g) pecans
- 2 tbsp goats cheese
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice the pumpkin and artichokes and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the veg are cooked and a little crispy around the edges.
- Blanch the green beans in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until the colour becomes even more vibrant. Remove immediately and place in an ice bath to bring the temperature right down.
- On a salad plate, place pumpkin and Jerusalem artichokes. Top with green beans, rocket, prunes, pecans and sprinkle with goats’ cheese.
- Heat honey in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir in olive oil, and using a spoon, drizzle the dressing over the salad. Enjoy.
This hearty salad can be served while the pumpkin is still warm. Omit the Jerusalem artichokes if you can’t find them or use sliced potatoes instead.
Recipe courtesy of Hort Innovation. More at Hort Innovation My Market Kitchen: https://www.horticulture.com.au/growers/my-market-kitchen/
|Nutrients per serve