- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped (plus additional for serving)
- 2 tbsp macadamias, roughly chopped (plus additional for serving)
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 2 prunes, sliced
- 1 beurre bosc pear, core removed and sliced
- Dollop yoghurt
- Small handful of fresh blueberries
- Place all porridge ingredients in a medium to large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer, stirring regularly until the porridge thickens. Add more milk if you prefer a thinner porridge.
- Remove vanilla bean prior to serving. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, a scatter of fresh blueberries, plus some additional chopped macadamias and pistachios.
For something different, try a pear and chocolate porridge by substituting the turmeric, cinnamon and ginger with 1 tbsp cacao powder. The kids will love it!
Recipe courtesy of Hort Innovation. More at Hort Innovation My Market Kitchen: https://www.horticulture.com.au/growers/my-market-kitchen/
|Nutrients per serve