Spiced macadamia milk
- 2 cups macadamia milk
- 3-4 slices of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds or chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- Place the macadamia milk and ginger in a saucepan and set over medium heat for 5 minutes, until it is very warm but not boiling.
- Turn off the heat, place a lid on the saucepan and allow to stand for 5 minutes before stirring in the honey and straining into warmed mugs to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all the 'spiced macadamias' ingredients in a bowl and stir to completely coat the nuts.
- Spread on the baking tray and bake for 7-8 minutes, until the macadamias are golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray before eating warm or allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Macadamias
|Nutrients per serve